Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Worth the Wait

Last week I mentioned that we bought a dining room rug. We actually bought it about six weeks ago at Pottery Barn using more than one coupon/gift card. It took a while to get here, but finally arrived last week. All I can say is that I am so glad that we splurged on the rug we really liked. It wasn't the cheapest, but it is so beautiful. I love the colors with the wall and I love the size. It is big enough to hold the table and chairs, but still allows us to see the beautiful floors. I apologize for the lighting in these pictures. I have yet to find the right balance between too-dark-at-night and blows-out-the-lighting-during-the-day. Blast.



There is still a lot to do in this room. Hang art, get a real buffet, etc. But to get started, we bought this bar off of craiglist.



Then we hung out this art above the bar. The bar piece was a gift and the two frames above are actually menus. The night we got engaged, we went to the incredible Restaurant Eve. At the end of the evening they gave us a copy of the menu to remember the evening. We framed them last year and brought them with us to the new home.



It may sound silly, but even just hanging small pieces of art makes such a huge difference. It makes the space feel personal and really ours. So I am definitely hoping to get some more art on the walls in the next week. But in the mean time, another shot of how the room is beginning to come together, with a complete disaster in the kitchen behind it.


And of course, Winston photo bombing the shot. I wanted to show the incredible colors. Which you can still see. But really you just see kitten.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!