Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries

While on the topic of little changes....you may remember I hung this kitchen art quite some time ago...


And there it sat. Lonely and lopsided. Until I hung this hook...


At least there was something on the other side of the door. But the hook looked preposterously (is that a word? If not, I believe it should be. You agree? Oh good) small on the wall by itself. Then by a stroke of good fortune and generosity from my godmother, we got an adorable little painting for a house warming gift. I waited around to hang it for a while. I needed a frame that worked with the kitchen. I finally got on that and boom, we have art.


Usually with paintings, I like to leave off the glass. That way you can really see the texture. But because this painting is hanging in the kitchen, I didn't want any grease from cooking to make its way through the air and harm the painting. So I left the glass on.


Don't they go together so nicely? They don't match, but complement the colors and really balance out the room. The pair definitely make the room feel more finished. Now if I could just find a small rug to go in this room, it would be finished! And would certainly be the only one. The rest of the house is still a disaster. Don't let the pictures fool you. I only show you the nice parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!