Monday, June 17, 2013

Grilled Sweet Potato Fries

So about a week and a half ago, we were making some chicken and decided to try and use the sweet potatoes we had in the fridge. This entire recipe was fiance's creation from start to finish. I'm really just the messenger.

We started by trimming off the edges and washing the outsides.


Then, I sliced the potatoes in long, skinny strips. I did my best to make them as even as possible. Some were definitely a little wonky but it worked ok.


Then, I tossed the slices with about a tablespoon of olive oil, some black pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Next time I'd Old Bay at this point.


Line up your sweet potato slices to grill.


Flip them over so both sides are nicely cooked.


We sprinkled Old Bay on ours at the end, but as I mentioned, it would be great to include it earlier on. These were so tasty and healthy. It was a great side to have for any summer dish. Give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!