Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Not So Mellow Yellow

I think I've mentioned that we are not yellow people. Nothing against the color, it's just not for us. Especially not the heavy, dark yellow that is in our hallway. Well, was in our hallway. Way back when we chose paint colors for the kitchen, dining room and living room, we tested some paint samples. Then we painted the three rooms and got tired. Then we looked at the height of the hallway ceiling and said no thank you. Simply put, we don't have the materials to paint the super high, narrow ceilings, and I was worried about the safety factor. Given all of the other projects on our to-do list, fiance's need to study for the bar exam, and the fact I'm still in school, we just decided to hire someone. This project is the type I usually want to tackle myself, but I needed to be realistic. It just wasn't going to happen. So after staring at the paint squares on the wall for over a month, we bit the bullet.

It was pretty amazing how fast a professional painter transformed our hallway. He started at 8:00 AM and finished by 3:00 PM I think? Maybe sooner? So worth it. Enjoy the picks. I may or may not have petted the walls lovingly as I walk up and down the stairs. I'm pretty obsessed and have big plans for the wall near the front door.

Before:



 


We decided on the far left color. It's the same color as the kitchen.

After:

I think the color is so soothing and really makes the white trim pop.


This wall on the right will be going places. Let me tell you. I have plans.


As you can see, the hallway is one shade darker than the living room. So they flow beautifully together, but still have some visual interest.


It's a bit hard to see here, but the color also works wonderfully upstairs. It makes the doors and the molding the stars, and goes really nicely with the blue in the bedroom. Right now the house is a little grey heavy. This I know. But I think it will serve as an amazing backdrop for art, pillows, rugs, etc. Plus, I like it. So there.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!