Once I got home, I laid out my purchases to make sure the sizing was ok and to check the arrangement.
Then I pulled up some weeds, tilled the soil, added compost, and tilled again. The soil was already looking much improved.
I planted the peonies first, put a few little catnip plants in between (because Winston needs some fun too), then added the lemon thyme around the outside. It's my home the lemon thyme spreads and fills out, but if not, I might add some nice ground cover.
The peonies on the outside are pink and the one in the center is white. After some serious watering, I was done.
And here are the little lemon thyme babies.
To be fair, there were these pretty little purple flower vine things.
And here is the final shot. So much better.
I can't wait to see how my new additions expand and fill out the space!