Monday, April 22, 2013

Exciting Announcement

This post is so very very overdue. I meant to publish it last week, but between paint-induced exhaustion and missing camera cords (one of the perils of living out of several suitcases), it is late. But, better is late than never. Especially with exciting news. Fiance and I bought a house! We closed on Wednesday and could not be more excited. I'm done with my course work for my PhD program, so I will be working from Virginia. I'll still be returning to California to visit family and meet with colleagues, but we are done with long distance. Yippee doesn't do it justice. Anyway, our gorgeous home was built in 1910 and has tons of historical details that I love so much. It's in our favorite part of town and we got incredibly luck with the timing and the purchase. Want to see some pictures? Good, because I'm sharing them anyway.

Let's start the house tour from the front:





To the left of the front entry is the living room...





Past the living room is the dining room and then the kitchen...



Off of the dining room is a small half bath...





Behind the kitchen is a little porch and our back yard.


Downstairs is the basement. This room will become a little guest room/den.


There is a full bath off the guest quarters...



Beyond the guest room is a storage room and then a utilities/laundry room...



Upstairs to the left is a second bedroom and a small sitting area off of that room. This room will be our office and library/closet...






In the middle of the upstairs floor is our bathroom...




Then our master bedroom...



Now for some of my favorite little details...


All of the hardware is original. Be still my heart.


As are the doors....


And the molding...


And the floors. Swoon.


I suppose most people wouldn't be happy with a radiator heat system, but they are so old and unique, I kind of love them. They even say American Radiator Co. on them. Awesome.



I tried desperately to capture the glass, but I don't think it worked. It's original too. So it has these awesome swirls in it that today would be imperfections and not allowed. I love them.

Ok so I think that's the end of world's longest post. Major points if you managed to hang in the whole time. We have tons of projects planned and are trying to remind ourselves they don't have to be done all at once! We did tackle painting head on because it's way easier to paint an empty room than one filled with furniture. I'll be sure to share our progress later this week. Hint: the lime green is no more. Yay!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!