Monday, March 11, 2013

Learning About Yourself Through Inspiration

Recently I've spent a lot of time going through all the pins I've accumulated on Pinterest over the last few years. At first, I was just looking at a few ideas for a certain space, but then I sort of got lost re-discovering my discoveries. There have been so many moments where I have said "wow, I love that room, I'm so glad I pinned that". Then it occurred to me, if I love the space enough to discover it twice, shouldn't that be some sort of sign? As I ponder decorating, I decided to come up with a few lessons to remind myself about the next time I'm faced with a decorating challenge.

Lesson One: I swoon for navy dining rooms.



Lesson Two: Soft, neutral spaces with tons of texture make me feel warm and fuzzy. This lesson is necessary for me to remember because I feel the need to add too much color at times. It's ok to like what you like.





Lesson Three: Well-designed clutter makes a room look homey. Regular clutter is dirty.




Lesson Four: My love affair with grey knows no bounds. Seriously. I don't know if it's a phase, but it feels like it might be a life-long love.







What do your pinterest boards say about you? I want to know! Also, for the record, all of these images are from pinterest and not mine, please feel free to click on them to see the original source. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!