Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Inspiration Take Two?

I had so much fun writing Monday's post (how could I not? It was an excuse to play on pinterest), that I decided to do it again. This time with my personal style. The thing I love about clothing is how easily it is to change up to reflect your mood. Pinterest is also a great help because it provides great ideas for outfits. And unlike furniture or house decor which is harder to change in the blink of an eye, it's pretty easy to replicate an outfit based on what you have in your closet. So let's begin, shall we?

Lesson One: It's not surprise people don't believe me when I say I'm from California. If there was ever a case of someone being an East Coaster at heart, it's this girl.




Any of these looks would earn me some serious stares in my current town. And not the "damn she looks good" stares. The "wow she looks out of place" stares. Not exactly the goal.

Lesson Two: Much like my love affair with grey interiors, in the style world that is stripes for me. Wide, thin, doesn't matter. Pitter patter goes my heart.





Lesson Three: I aspire to a more sophisticated look. I think I pull this off when I'm in DC. Or at least come closer. But the dilemma mentioned in lesson one means that I sometimes fit myself into other peoples' standards. I need to start wearing more of what I like and disregard everyone else. Think blazers, heels, etc.





Lesson Four: Dresses, dresses, dresses. When I'm lazy, I tend to fall back on a sweater, jeans and boots in the winter and a loose tank and pants during the summer. But my heart really belongs to dresses. If only my toes were only painted and my legs weren't so blindingly pale. Not kidding. They reflect light. If I could win those two wars, I'd always be a dress. I think women are just prettiest in them. Maybe I'm old fashioned. Ok, I'm definitely old fashioned. But this game is all about honesty right?





I'm having way too much fun with this series of posts. We will see if I can come up with more excuses to continue! Anyway, by taking the time to go back through my pins, I feel like I've really learned some things about myself, rather than just condemning my pins to reside forever on my boards. I hope it inspires you to evaluate your tastes as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!