Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cheap and Easy Weeknight Dinner Series: Avocado Egg Salad Wrap

I have had this recipe on my pinterest board forever and I'm not sure what compelled me to make it this week. Maybe the fact that once the eggs were hard-boiled, it took me under five minutes to make. Maybe it was the abundance of avocados in my fridge. I don't know. But I am sure glad I did. It's super tasty and makes enough for about 3 wraps. I had one for dinner, one for lunch the next day, and still had enough for another meal. The wraps aren't huge, so for dinner you'd probably want to have something else on the side. But for lunches, it was a hit!

Avocado and Egg Salad Wraps
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 large avocado
2 tablespoons plain Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste

Note: my camera is still at my parent's house, but I'm getting it back today! Yippee! But unfortunately I made this dinner with the company of my phone :(. So the pictures are few and of bad quality. Forgive me?

Start by mashing up your avocado and eggs with a fork. Add the yogurt, curry, salt and pepper and mix together.



















I scooped some of the mixture on to the tortilla and then rolled it up. My picture doesn't really do it justice, maybe because the tortilla was fairly thick.


















Here is the pinterest image that first seduced me. The appeal of this picture is sure better than mine, but the taste of mine was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!