Monday, March 25, 2013

A Really Great Day

Thursday I played hookie. I have tons of work to do right now, but I planned this day with my mom months ago and it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. First, we went to a salon and I tried on wedding dresses (!!!). The experience was amazing and made the whole thing feel super real. I also was beyond shocked because I was certain that I would fall in love with a specific dress...and I so did not. It was so blah on me. So very very blah. But, the first dress I tried on blew me away. I tried on a bunch of other and revisited the first and didn't want to take it off. Since it was only my first time trying on gowns, I'm going to try on some others, but I'm pretty certain I'll be returning for this dress. So that was a great way to start the day.

Then we went to the de Young museum and walked through the "Girl with the Pearl Earring" exhibit. It was breathtaking and so much more amazing in person than in the pictures. You just can't imagine the difference. Finally, we stayed at the museum for the Bouquets de Arts exhibit and walked through that at night. honestly, it was a bit overwhelming. There were so many installations I was exhausted by the time we got half way through. It was also paired with more modern art, which really isn't my taste. I think if it had been an Impressionist exhibit I would have been completely in love. Don't get me wrong, the flowers were beautiful and I'm so glad I went, I just think it has potential to be even more amazing. I took tons of pictures of the flowers on my phone and I thought I'd share. Some of the pictures aren't the best, but the colors and so beautiful and worth seeing.

Here is the set-up. On the wall is the art. In front of the art is a floral arrangement that a local florist has created. It can be an exact replica or an interpretation. Some of my pictures are just of flowers. Some include the art. Enjoy!






















2 comments:

  1. I bought the first dress I tried on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will too! Funny how that happens! Now the problem is I just want to wear it all the time, but I don't think it will go well with cooking...

      Delete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!