Friday, March 8, 2013

A Monster of a Smoothie

I have been on the weirdest eating schedule lately. No, but really. I get famished at 3:00 in the afternoon and then once I eat enough, I'm not hungry for the rest of the night. I'm going to blame it on the time change and all that jazz. Because it totally lasts this long.

Well the other day when I just couldn't get enough food, but was trying not to stuff my face with every carb in sight, I remembered this smoothie I pinned a while back. I've always been skeptical about spinach in a smoothie. It somehow feels really wrong. But I was desperate for something that would make me feel full, so I decided to give it a try. The only reason I'm actually sharing this recipe is because I was so pleasantly surprised. I didn't taste the spinach once. Not kidding. If I hadn't made it myself, I wouldn't have known it was there. And when I was done, I was SO full. Stuffed with fluff. Icing on the cake is the easy factor and how incredibly healthy this darn thing is. So do yourself a favor and suspend disbelief and give it a try. It will be a staple for me especially with the warmer weather rapidly approaching!

Monster Smoothie
1 very full cup of raw spinach
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons 0% greek yogurt (or more, totally up to you)
dash of milk (soy or regular)
4-5 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
frozen peach slices (about enough to make one peach)
1 banana

Put everything in your blender. I'd suggest you put the liquids, banana and spinach in the bottom and then the frozen fruit on top. You'll have to stop and mix it a few times with a spoon and it will be really thick, which is exactly how I like my smoothies. I want them to be spoon-eatable.













If you prefer something more runny, add a bit more milk, or use fresh fruit and add 1/2 cup ice. I don't like to water down my smoothies, so I went with frozen fruit and skipped the ice.






Poor into a big glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!