Friday, February 22, 2013

Eating Broccoli Like Potato Chips

I've never been anti-vegetable by any stretch. I could eat artichokes daily and asparagus has always been a favorite. But salads are not my favorite and steamed broccoli has always been one of those things I eat because I know I'm supposed to. I've been trying to find some vegetable side dishes that I want to eat. It's a challenge sometimes, but I know that it's necessary for controlling weight and improving nutrition. I saw this recipe pinned on pinterest and I was skeptical. I figured it would be good because I love roasted Brussels sprouts, but I wasn't sure I would want to down broccoli like candy or chips.

I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong. This broccoli is so tasty and I was actually looking forward to eating the leftovers. That is the only reason I'm bothering to put a silly broccoli recipe on this blog. But it's so worth it and I'm making this dish again just to have it around as a snack. So you picky vegetable eaters out there, give this recipe a shot!

Roasted Broccoli

broccoli (I used three small heads, but it's really flexible)
a few tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
a few cloves of garlic

Start by trimming off the pieces of broccoli off the crown. Put in a bag and add some olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss it around. You want to have the broccoli look slightly dampened but not doused with oil. Spread the broccoli out on a baking dish.




Slice the garlic super thin. Like paper thin if possible. Lay on top off the broccoli.









Roasted at 425 for about 25-30 minutes. Toss around after about 15-20 minutes to make sure one side doesn't get too burnt. Enjoy hot, cold or room temperature. You don't have to eat the leftover garlic, but if your tastes are like mine, you will want to!

2 comments:

  1. will these be crispy or a bit soggy? can I save them for later use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outsides are crispy, but the inside will remain slightly tender. You can definitely save them! Let them cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the fridge!

      Delete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!