Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Little Dinner Party

Last weekend I had a few friends over for a little dinner party. I showed my mom a picture of my table and she suggested that it was perfect for Valentine's Day. While I had been going for a sunny, spring table, the Valentine's Day setup was a happy accident. So I thought I would show you how I pulled together my table without buying anything new. That way, if you are still in the mood to plan a last minute dinner, you can!

I got the tablecloth for Christmas. It French vintage and I think so fun and cheery. So pick something colorful. Add a cheap bunch of flowers (or use the ones you already have like I did). Add a few votives with tea lights.
Mix and match with your wine glasses, linens, candles, etc. The large green glasses are technically Margarita glasses, but I loved the green and I thought the round shape resembled my wine goblets, so they went ok together. I wanted to keep it simple, so I just stacked plates, napkins and silverware.

For dinner, I started with whole wheat pita chips and guac. To make the chips you just slice pitas, sprinkle them with olive oil and salt, and bake them for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet.
I tried to recreate the guac that I had at the Majestic. I failed. But it was still tasty enough.
For dinner we had lentil and sausage soup with crusty bread.
For dessert we had angel food cake, vanilla ice cream, and sliced strawberries. I didn't get a picture of the angel food cake. I was busy so I just bought it at the store, which kills me, but it was necessary. This bowl was my dessert the next day. Clearly my ratio of ice cream to strawberries is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!