Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chewy Lemon White Chocolate Cookies

So I saw these cookies on my usual baking site. I was intrigued. Not because I thought they sounded particularly good, but they were unusual cookies. They were so....unique. I watched the 49er game with friends on Saturday (go niners!) and the gathering seemed the perfect opportunity to pawn off baked goods. The cookies were super easy, so I whipped them out Saturday morning. Initially I was skeptical, but I've been converted. Like worship at the altar of these cookies converted. They are especially magical frozen.

I'd make a few tweaks. Like, maybe I'd refrigerate the dough for a bit to make it less runny. Or I'd cook them at a slightly lower temperature. Don't get me wrong, they were amazing, but the initial recipe showed the cookies a bit thicker.

Also, be very very careful to let the cookies cool on the sheets for about ten minutes and then let them cool completely on cooling racks. 100% cool I tell you. Don't move them a centimeter.

Chewy Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe from here

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups white chocolate chips
zest from one lemon (or more depending on the size. you want lots of lemon zest!)

Start by whisking together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and the lemon juice and mix again.
Make sure you zest your lemon(s) before you juice them!
Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in the white chocolate chips and lemon zest. As your can see my dough was just a touch too wet, so next time I'll add a tablespoon or more flour if necessary.
Using a one tablespoon scoop, put balls of dough on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool completely and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!