Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving Dilemma

I find certain things about Thanksgiving to be particularly fascinating. People are very territorial over leftovers. Everyone seems to feel "meh" about the turkey, yet it's the centerpiece of the meal. Everyone has their favorite dish. And everyone seems to have an opinion about the stuffing. It's too soft or too hard or has too many or too few additional ingredients. Stuffing happens to be my favorite. That and pumpkin pie. I could eat an entire pie in under 24 hours without batting an eyelash. This fact isn't really surprising give my unhealthy love of carbs. Because I was traveling over the holidays, I only got to have one serving of stuffing. I was initially pretty bitter about it, until I remembered that I had a bag of stuffing mix from a specialty grocery store in my pantry. On a whim, I decided to make stuffing. Was this decision completely rational? No. No one needs an entire pan of stuffing. Especially since I didn't have anything to well...stuff in it. But I didn't care. And I loved my stuffing. I didn't eat the entire pan, but I did make quite a dent. And it made me really really happy. So the moral of the story is, when in doubt, eat stuffing.






2 comments:

  1. Your pie comment totally made me think of Never Been Kissed when Drew Barrymore is all "Somebody ate my entire pie!" Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's how I feel! Except it wasn't my pie. womp womp. did you ever see the movie Michael with John Travolta? It has a whole song about pie. It's sort of my anthem

      Delete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!