Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve

Hello All! I hope you had a wonderful holiday or break, however you chose to celebrate. I appreciate you letting me take time off from blogging. There was a great deal of cooking and baking, but honestly it all happened so quickly and often, I didn't get a chance to capture the process! My mom and I are tackling Julia Child's beef bourguignon recipe tonight and I'll be back later this week to recap our success or failure. Here is hoping for the former! It's a first for both of us and I'm pretty excited. I got Julia Child's famous cookbook for Christmas, so I imagine she will be showing up pretty regularly in the next few months.

However, I do have some party pictures to show you. On December 21st my family hosted a holiday cocktail party for about 65 family friends. In years past, we've hosted a more formal, sit down dinner. This year, we decided to mix it up and include multiple generations and groups of people. When my mom sent out invites, I'm pretty sure she didn't expect 65 "yes" RSVPs. So we cooked and cooked and cooked to prepare. It was such a fun night and was an amazing experience. Next year we might do a bit of catering to make the process easier, but it was such a blast. I have no comment about the next morning, however.

Here are some of the culinary highlights!


First, chocolate cupcake cookies. I don't think that's the official name, but it's what fiance likes to call them. I made them a few weeks ago for the 49er game, but I made them about 1/2 the size and they were perfect. They were the perfect bite. I also piped the frosting and it worked incredibly. I will never frost them any other way!


Next, the Cranberry Bliss Bars I made a few weeks ago. I cute them super small and they worked great for our finger-food theme. 


All of our food was bite size and required no utensils. I'll share some of the actual food below, but since my main contribution was dessert, that's my first focus. Here was the first part of the cookie bar. The cranberry bliss bars and my mom's rum logs.


Here is the second part of the cookie bar.


On the left is sticky gingerbread cake. Then on the right are iced gingerbread cookies.


On the left are the chocolate cupcake cookies. On the right are my family's famous sugar cookies.


For regular food, we had tons of options. There was a full table of food and two cheese stations.



I, of course, had way too much fun putting together the cheese plates. Because I'm a cheese monster. Obviously. Anyway, it was such a fun night and I can't wait until next year's party!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!