Friday, November 9, 2012

Snack Time

One of the most frustrating things about trying to eat healthy is that horrible moment when you aren't hungry enough for a meal, but an apple just won't cut it. And let's be honest, one can only eat so many cereal bars. So I've been on a mission to find healthy and easy snacks that make me feel full. I've heard of roasted chickpeas before and fiance has even mentioned them, and one afternoon I could not get the idea out of my head. So I did a bit of googling and cobbled together a recipe. I wasn't really sure how it would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were crunchy on the outside, but still soft on the inside and the flavor was amazing. Salty and lots of kick. I made one can of chickpeas, which was enough for two decent sized snacks. If you wanted to make more, the recipe is easy to adjust!

Roasted Chickpeas

1 can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4-1 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
dash of cayenne (optional of course, I skipped)

Put chickpeas in bowl, add olive oil and toss. Add the spices and toss until coated.
Bake on cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Stir the chickpeas to make sure they cook evenly and bake for another 10 minutes. Put into a bowl, wait a few minutes until they cool a bit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!