Monday, November 12, 2012

How's It Hanging?

So I must confess, I really don't drink alcohol. That reality is in no way a moral stand, I just really don't like the taste of it. I love Diet Coke and would almost always rather drink that. Additionally I get really tired when I drink alcohol and so I become less entertaining, rather than more. Which is really the opposite of the goal, no? And, no one in the history of the automobile has turned down a designated driver. Be that as it may, I do have wine in my apartment for cooking and guests. I've been searching for over a year for a good storage solution. And sticking them in a corner was not what I had in mind. I wanted a wall-hanging rack, but I wanted it to look rustic. 99.9% of the wall-hanging wine racks are very modern/industrial looking. Which is totally fine, but not for me. So when I saw this rack on Joss and Main a few months ago, I pounced on it. It was back ordered a bit and it just arrived a week or so ago. Then I was lazy and didn't hang it until yesterday. I finally got my act in order and hung the darn thing.

This setup was what I had before. Not very attractive and very annoying. Plus wine bottles are supposed to be stored horizontally.
I taped a piece of paper to the back of the rack and poked two holes where the hanging slots were located. I also put two pieces of tape facing outward on the side of the piece of paper, so when I pressed the rack to the wall, the paper stuck.
Then, I hammered in two of those wall anchor/screw combination things. You just hammer in the whole piece, then unscrew the screw slightly and slip the screws into the holes in the back of the rack. (Wow could that sentence sound worse?). This contraption could certainly hold the weight of this thing, but I just needed it to keep the rack upright since the rack was resting on the counter.
Finally, I slipped a few bottles in place and was done! Actually, I still need to get a bit of chalk to write "cheers" on the little blackboard. I love that I can write seasonal messages! Fiance and I will almost certainly want a bigger bar in the future, but this little piece will always work great for the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!