Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Pumpkin Muffins

I am on a serious pumpkin kick. It happens every fall when the air starts to get crisp and the leaves start to change. When I'm not baking and eating pumpkin dishes, I'm thinking about what I can make next. I made the Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting last week for a class, and I was craving a pumpkin bread this week. I decided another class proved the perfect opportunity to pawn off baked goods on others. My mom sent me this recipe, although the link to the original is below. My review: they are incredibly delicious. Not too sweet and full of spice. Although my absolute favorite part was how chubby and round they got. They literally could not have been cuter! They were also super easy to make, so don't wait to try them!

Fall Pumpkin Muffins
recipe adapted from here

1 1/2 cup bread flour (tends to be a little fluffier and rise better, although normal is fine too)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoons nutmeg

This recipe makes 12 muffins, so for my large class, I doubled it. I read somewhere at some point that it's better to cook muffins without cupcake liners. I guess they cook more uniformly and are easier to eat. So I just made sure to spray the pan really well so that the muffins came out easily.

I started by whisking together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Whisk the pumpkin, spices and vegetable oil into the egg mixture.
Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. You really don't want to over mix muffins because then they are tough and dry. That's why a whisk works well and then a spatula once you add the flour.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter into a well-sprayed baking tin. Sprinkle a tiny pinch of sugar on top of the muffins.
Bake for about 22 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure you keep an eye on them because all ovens cook differently. Insert a toothpick and when it comes out cleanly, they are done. Cool completely on wire racks.
Aren't they so cute? Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!