Monday, October 15, 2012

Cheap and Easy Weeknight Dinners: Avocado and Goat Cheese with Lime on Toast

This recipe sounds weird. I know. I saw the picture online the other day and it really just caught my eye. Last week I was feeling really healthy and this recipe just seemed right. I picked up a loaf of whole wheat sourdough at the farmers' market and it made such an amazing dinner the other night. I had the leftovers over the weekend when I was sick and those tasted amazing even on cold-hampered taste buds. This meal would be a great lunch and it's a nice light dinner. Although, I will say, it's deceptively filling. I made two toasts and could only finish one. So maybe you could have this meal with a side dish if you are really hungry and it would be a great dinner. Oh and extra bonus, it was on the table in under five minutes. Yes, you read that correctly. Five minutes.

Avocado and Goat Cheese with Lime on Toast
recipe from here
2 slices of thick, hearty bread
1 avocado
2 ounces goat cheese
juice of 1/2 lime
2 teaspoons mint chopped
salt and pepper
drizzle of olive oil

Start by slicing your bread. Lay on a cooking sheet and bake for about five minutes at 250 degrees. You don't want it to be too hard, just warm and a little crunch. Any hearty, flavorful bread would do nicely. While the bread is toasting, scoop out your avocado and smash. Add the crumbled goat cheese, lime juice, and chopped mint and mix.
When your bread is done, spread the avocado mix on top and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy! I found mine easier to eat with a fork and knife but if messy hands is your style, dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!