Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

I found this recipe online the other day and it seemed like such a fun, quick recipe. It's sort of cheating, you mostly use box mix, but I figure even the fanciest of chefs need an occasional shortcut. Not that I'm a fancy chef by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway, my friend and I thought it would be fun to have a quick baking session the other day and this recipe seemed like just the thing. These cookies were quite tasty and very pretty. My friend made the excellent suggestion that they would be perfect for the holidays. I'm not sure they are necessarily award winning. They also don't taste particularly rich. But they were very yummy and I had a few more than necessary. Good thing we went for a long walk afterwards!

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
recipe from here
1 box red velvet cake mix
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Start by mixing together the butter, cake mix and eggs. It's a very thick batter. Don't worry, it's supposed to be.








Using a spoon, scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into a bowl and drop into a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll around a bit, pick up the dough and tap off the excess sugar.







Place the cookies on parchment-covered trays and bake at 375 for about 8 minutes. The outsides will look done, but the inside will be mushy. That's good! Don't overcook them! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!