Monday, September 24, 2012

A New Twist on an Old Favorite

I love Snickerdoodles. Really I just love cookies. But Snickerdoodles are amazing and the fact that saying Snickerdoodle makes me giggle doesn't hurt either. Yes I'm five years old. I know. But I don't have a recipe for these cookies that I love. They are always great right out of the oven, but then a few hours later they are too hard. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of crunchy cookies. If I'm going to eat cookies, I want them to be soft. So when I saw this recipe on pinterest, I was definitely curious. I admit, I was skeptical. I didn't think that the flavor would really be the same. But this recipe was easy and I thought it would be perfect to try when I was babysitting my nieces. They are great little kitchen helpers. And taste testers. Obviously.

I have to say, I was really pleasantly surprised. The recipe was incredibly easy, the flavor of these "brownies" were exactly like the cookies, and best of all, they stayed soft. FOR DAYS. Literally, they were incredibly moist and squishy days after they came out of the oven. It was a total revelation. You probably have all of these ingredients in the pantry, so you have no excuse not to try them!

Snickerdoodle Brownies
recipe from here
2 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

I started by whisking together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl
Then, in a large bowl, I mixed together the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.
Next, I slowly added the flour mixture and mixed until combined. Don't over mix or the dough will get tough. Just make sure everything is combined.








Before starting, I greased a pan and once the dough was ready, I spread it out. The dough is pretty thick and sticky, so it's a little hard to get smooth, but as long as it's even that's fine. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and white sugar and sprinkle evenly over the top. It seems like a lot, but it melts down into the dough and is delicious.
Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Once the brownies are done, remove the pan from the oven and slice with a really sharp knife. A plastic knife is the best because the dough doesn't stick as much, but as long as it's sharp it will work.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!