Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fontaine Caffe

Fiance and I have developed a pretty awesome weekend routine. Saturday is errands and lounging day. Sunday we try a new brunch place in Old Town and then visit a few open houses. No offers yet, just collecting information, seeing what the market offers and meeting realtors. But there is lots of drool. I love these homes and there is just so much potential. It makes me giddy thinking about it. Anyway, a few weeks ago, we tried Fontaine Caffe.



Initially we were there to try the crepes, but once we saw the menu, there were just too many things to try. I had the quiche of the day, which was goat cheese, bacon and spinach. It was seriously delicious. Fiance had the breakfast bruschetta, which had brioche, pancetta, eggs, roasted tomatoes and pesto. The empty plate suggested he was a fan. We also shared a berry crepe for dessert. It was really tasty, but fiance and I are more of street crepe people. We really love the crusty edges of street crepes, whereas when crepes are on plates, they tend to be softer and more like pancakes.


The ambiance was also really nice. It felt like we were in a tiny French cafe. The restaurant also had a few tables outside, which would be amazing during the spring or fall. My only complaint was that our waitress was a little awkward, but it is certainly something I could look past. I anticipate we will be returning here again, especially when we live in Old Town. A visit for brunch with a new family member (a puppy is requirement once we own a house) sounds like a perfect Sunday to me.

Note: generally the pictures for my restaurant posts aren't the greatest quality. Given that this blog is  just a little side hobby for me and I'm not a professional restaurant reviewer, I don't feel right taking tons of pictures of the restaurant or the food and disrupting other customers' meals. As a result, I rely on pictures already online. I hope you understand!

1 comment:

  1. Our dear author and I are crepe lovers; no ifs, ands or buts about it. Fontaine's was our first attempt at finding a crepe fix in our soon-to-be new neighborhood of Old Town. It was good, but I'm not sure if it will sate our crepe-filled desires. The best crepe we've had in D.C. is at Crepeaway on L St. Crepeaway is mostly known as a safe haven for drunk GW students at 2AM on a Friday night, but their crepes are actually *amazing.* Choupi, the crepe cart in Rosslyn, is a close second (except for the lack of fresh strawberries - very important!). Oh well. We will just have to keep looking in Alexandria (or make the drive aallll the way into DC).

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!