Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cheap and Easy Weeknight Dinner Series: Maple Mustard Chicken

I saw this recipe a few weeks back on pinterest and decided it would be great for a low-fuss dinner option one night. Given the very few ingredients and the incredible easiness of this meal, I was really impressed. The flavor was great and the chicken stayed super moist. I think you could definitely make more than one pound of chicken with this sauce recipe and have leftovers for lunch or dinner. I don't know that I'd be shouting about this recipe from the rooftops (which I've been tempted to do on other meals), but it was really excellent, worth sharing, and definitely one I will try again. I served my chicken with broccoli, but next time I think I'd also make a side of Uncle Ben's wild rice. Just to give the meal a little more heartiness. Fiance would also tell you that the broccoli goes amazingly well with this (and practically any other) mustard sauce.

Maple Mustard Chicken
recipe from here

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Rosemary

First, I mixed together the Dijon, maple syrup and red wine vinegar in a bowl. I laid out my chicken tenders in the pan and sprinkled them with salt and pepper. Then I poured the sauce on top. As you can see, I think this sauce would easily accommodate 2 pounds of chicken.
I cooked the chicken at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes because I used tenders. 30-40 for thick breasts. Tee hee. Sprinkle the top with rosemary once you remove the dish from the oven.






Serve with your veggie of choice and bread or rice on the side. Or not if you are feeling super healthy. Again, this dish won't be winning any sophistication awards, but it was super yummy and super quick. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the review of this dish in the post -- easy, tasty, but not award-winning or rooftop shout-worthy. If you follow this blog but aren't much of a cook (like some people we know), this would be a good place to start. I also highly recommend drizzling (or, perhaps, pouring) some of the leftover sauce on top of the broccoli. It's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!