Monday, May 14, 2012

Dreaming of Kitchens

This last week has been a rough one. As you may have noticed, I only managed to get up one blog post and even if I had found time to write, I had absolutely nothing to write about. When I started this blog I made a few rules for myself. If it ever felt like a burden, I wasn't going to keep doing it. Also, as much as I love you all, it is fairly low on my priority list. School, bf, family, and my sanity have to come first. So last week, I simply didn't get to it. I tell myself I shouldn't feel guilty, after all, this little project isn't my job, I make absolutely no money off of it, and it all started as a hobby. But despite that highly rational discussion in my head, I still feel a bit guilty. I feel as though I have given my readers reason to expect a few posts a week, if only because usually, that's what I do. I want you all to know I want to be cooking. I'm dying to do some home crafts. But at this moment it's not in the cards. Bf will attest. There are simply not enough minutes in the day. In the meantime, I've been dreaming about making this cake.


It's an orange layer cake with buttercream frosting. I don't know what it is about this cake, but it's haunting me. In a pleasant, I can't stop dreaming about making it sort of way. I'll give you a moment to oogle at it with me......

Ok and I'm back. It will have to wait for a little while, perhaps I'll make it for my birthday (which is in two weeks by the way). Until then, in the absence of real substance, I thought I'd show you what else I've been dreaming about....gorgeous kitchens in which I will bake my gorgeous cakes. There is only one problem. I can't seem to figure out what kind of kitchen I'd like. I can see myself going for something light and bright like so....


This probably better articulates my light and bright fantasy.


Or something warm and mountain-y like this...


Most days I lean towards something like this gorgeous space, except with different floors.


But then there are days I want to embrace open space, inner green girl (these days are rare, I admit).


Then, finally, there are days that girly and eclectic seems pretty awesome.



I am quite certain I could make a lovely cake in any of these spaces. But how to choose (in my head of course, because these kinds of rooms are a looooong way off). Which would you choose? Which space is your favorite? I want to know!






2 comments:

  1. I like the first, second and fourth kitchens the most. I love the dark, cabin-like feel of the second one, but don't see it being a great every day kitchen -- it might get depressing. I might like the fifth one if there wasn't stuff on every single surface. Can't stand clutter. The last one looks a little too retro for me.

    We've seen a lot of great kitchens in our Old Town open-house searching, and hopefully we will end up with something similar to these dream kitchens!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!