Friday, April 27, 2012

Cheap and Easy Weeknight Dinner Series: Rosemary Chicken with Artichokes and White Beans

I have very little to say about this recipe. It was delicious and quick. It made a ton and is super healthy. But perhaps I just don't have a lot of words right now. It's a very rare occurrence so I think I won't fight the urge for brevity. I made very few changes to the original recipe, just added a small onion and a few cloves of garlic. Oh and I used quinoa instead of rice. But honestly, I think you could eat the chicken and sauce mixture by itself. Definitely give this dish a try, don't let me quietness fool you, it's a keeper.

Rosemary Chicken with Artichokes and White Beans
recipe adapted from here

- 2-3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 14 oz can, diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can, white beans drained
- 1 14 oz can, artichoke hearts (quartered if you can find them, if not just drain & roughly chop up whole ones into quarters)
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
-3/4-1 cup dry quinoa

 I started by putting the quinoa in a pot with 1.5-2 cups of water. I brought the water to a boil, then reduced the heat to simmer. Let the quinoa simmer for about 15 minutes or until the water is just about absorbed. Turn off the heat and leave the top on so the last remnants of the water disappear. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil and cook the onion until just about tender. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.

In a small small, mix together the rosemary, slat and pepper. Sprinkle on top of your chicken. I like to slice my chicken breasts into tenders to make the cooking process easier, but it's up to you.
Place the chicken in the center of the pan, spiced side down, and cook for about 4 minutes until that side of the chicken is browned. Flip the chicken over.
Add the beans, artichoke hearts and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.









To prepare, put some of the quinoa in a large bowl.
Add the olives and cook for another five minutes on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through the sauce is slightly thickened.
Put a few of the chicken tenders and some of the sauce on top of the quinoa and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I think artichoke goes great with well-cooked chicken, and since everything is done in one pan the "cheap and easy" tag definitely fits. It's also healthy, which is great for those who care!

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!