Friday, March 2, 2012

It's a Biscuit Miracle!

Remember last week when I tried my friend's biscuit recipe? The one she said was the salvation to the eternal biscuit quest? The one I was too lazy to do right? Ok, I did it right. And it's incredible. Seriously. Kristin couldn't have been more right. This recipe is amazing and the biscuits are phenomenal. I will use this recipe again and again.

A few notes. That tip my friend Amanda gave me about grating butter is literally the best thing I've ever learned for the kitchen. Not kidding. Just pop the butter in the freezer about 30 minutes before you are ready to bake. Then take out a grater and just grate it like cheese. In fact, it will look like Mozzarella. Then just stir into the flour mix gently with a spatula and you are good to go. I will never cut in butter again.

Also, you really can't substitute the egg. I am making a promise to myself to never cut corners again. I'm sure I'll break this promise, but I'm really going to try not to. Once I used all the right ingredients and grated the butter, the consistency of the dough was just right. Not too sticky, not too dry. It was really easy to roll out and the dough went so much further.

Finally, I'd recommend placing one of the racks in the top third of the oven. The biscuits cook evenly and the bottoms of the biscuits don't brown too much that way.

If you are a lover of biscuits, please try this recipe. You won't regret it!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! Except now I can't stop eating them!

      Delete
  2. "I am making a promise to myself to never cut corners again."

    You are on record. Let's see how long this one lasts... frankly I was surprised that you cut corners the first time, given your baking prowess and typical attention to detail, but the end result was great. If only there was gravy...

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!