Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Monday!

I lie. There really is no such this as Happy Monday. Am I right or am I right? The only exceptions that come to mind are when it's Monday and you are on vacation all week which means you still have tons of time off. Or bf is visiting until Friday and so it being Monday means you still have several days left (that happened a few weeks ago, it was first time in a long time I was happy to see Monday on the calendar). This Monday just represents another day consumed by writing papers. Rarely, oh so rarely, I have moments when my words flow freely and I never have to battle to get the right words to come out of my fingertips. Writing is such a pleasure and I feel like I can accomplish anything. This past weekend and today have not been filled with those moments. Those special moments have been hiding. Like winter. So I remain at my desk, battling away until another one of those moments sneaks up on me. Or until my papers are finished. One of two has to eventually happen.

On another note, did you have a good weekend? I hope so. Mine was mostly writing, but on Friday I spent the day with my sister, mom and godmother. The four of us are NEVER together in one place at the same time and it was such a nice treat. My mom even surprised me with a little Easter guy. Bf- stop rolling your eyes. We all know how much you love them. But seriously, this one really isn't creepy. Not even close.

We were also planning on having my brother, sister-in-law and nieces over for dinner because it was my sister-in-law's birthday. But then we walked in the door and there wasn't power in the house. It had been raining for a while so we figured maybe a tree had fallen somewhere. And then I looked outside and it was no longer a mystery. PS- please forgive the terrible photos, in all the shock I forgot I had my camera and just used my phone.

My mom is all for impromptu landscape design changes, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't what she had in mind. Good thing she wanted to replace the fence anyway.











Can you believe the size of this tree? Totally insane. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the doggies were inside and the tree didn't fall on the house. All in all a lucky day. But that kind of put the brakes on dinner at my parents' house. I was planning on sharing some cooking items from the night, but we ended up schlepping the food to my brother's house and in the madness, documenting the meal sort of fell by the wayside. So, instead I'm sharing the dramatic tree photos and will return tomorrow with a delicious bread recipe. Stay tuned! PS- I think I deserve a tiny bit of credit for figuring out how to put text on my photo. Even if it's way too small. Technology and I aren't best buds. I'm proud I even figured out how to do it. Anyone else impressed? No? Just me?

2 comments:

  1. OMIGOD CREEPIEST FIGURINE OF ALL TIME. I am SO glad that it was not on display during my last visit. I would have screamed in horrified agony every time I saw it. Holy crap.

    Also, that's a big tree. Thank goodness that nobody was hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is that possibly the scariest of them all? And my love, it just shows you how not-scary the figure actually is, because the chick was on the shelf and you didn't even notice.

      Delete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!