Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sugar Cookie Remix

Well not really. I still used the same old, wonderful recipe. But I'm taking a mini-blog break today and didn't feel like writing a new post. So, instead, I thought I would share how you can turn the sugar cookie recipe into Valentine's Day treats. Or just hearts for a loved one if you were so inclined. In the former post, I decorated the cookies for the 4th of July. You also saw me create Christmas-themed cookies here. I've also done pumpkins and little black cats for Halloween and I recently bought a little elephant cookie shape. Not sure what  occasion that will work for, but I loved it and had to have it.

Since bf was far away and couldn't enjoy my cookies, I decided to make a batch for my class on Wednesday. I used a variety of different shaped hearts and kiss...well I guess lips technically.
I did white frosting on the lips and some of the hearts with sprinkles and cinnamon toppers. Then I put a tiny squirt of red food dye into the remaining frosting and created a light pink for the rest of the hearts. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Tried and true, these cookies never disappoint. Well, unless they stay in the oven too long. But come on now, people. Who would or could EVER overcook these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha good question. Aren't they beautiful fat?

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!