Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rainy Day Tea Party

This event sort of happened by accident. And by accident, I mean, I got carried away, felt like baking, and it served as a great excuse to pull together an adorable table. Oops.

I invited a friend over for tea one afternoon. She is a new friend and hadn't been over to my place or met my #2 man (Winston, #1 is obviously bf). We bonded over silly cat stories, which is why I wanted her to meet him (I don't usually arrange introductions for my cat, I'm not that much of a crazy cat lady). We also both love tea, so I figured it would be a nice afternoon.

Then I decided we needed a little something to nibble on while having tea. But since I wasn't sure what mood I'd be in or if she liked coconut, I thought I better have two options (plus I wanted to try two recipes- yay for baking excuses!).





Once I had my goodies baked, I felt like they needed a pretty back drop. So out came a few napkins, small plates and my glass plate to hold the desserts.






Since it was originally all about the tea, I brought out my pretty mugs.






But what if I wanted water? Or something else to drink? (Totally absurd and irrational, I know, I think I didn't feel like sleeping, so I just kept going). I have had this gorgeous Goodwill find for over a year now and I've never used it. I originally convinced bf it was a good thing for me to bring home because it was so practical, so it was about time I put it to good use. Along with some lemons. Because they are pretty and fancy. Good lord, I'm absurd.










Anyway, I'm almost done, I swear. While I was at the store, I was thinking to myself, how nice a few little posies would look on the table. So, I grabbed a bunch of daisies and trimmed to stems to create this cheery arrangement. I love it.





Here is my final table.









Here is my table getting photo bombed.









Oh, and since it was raining, I had a little fire going. I feel like all the day needed was a copy of Pride and Prejudice, muslin dresses and a few British accents and Jane Austen would have come back to life. Which, if you know me at all, you'll know that it was a perfect sort of day.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than the purity and natural beauty of a fire lit without any added gas, chemicals, etc.

    That's what this was... right?

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!