Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lemon Quinoa Cilantro Chickpea Salad

This recipe is the last of my quinoa-filled week. I promise. But I wanted you to see how easy it was to throw all three of these recipes together once the quinoa was already cooked. And all of the recipes make so much! Seriously, I was having leftovers for days (which is exactly how I like it).

Lemon Quinoa Cilantro Chickpea Salad
recipe from here

1/2 C. dry quinoa (or 1 cup cooked)
2 C. vegetable broth
1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 avocados diced
2 C. spinach
1 bunch cilantro
1/4 C. onion
2 small cloves garlic

Dressing:
Juice of 2 lemons
zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. agave nectar
1/2 tsp. cumin
dash of salt and pepper

Here is my massive pot of quinoa that lasted all week.
 Next, I made the dressing. I made this recipe a little out of the suggested order because I was starved and wanted to eat as soon as it was done and didn't want to wait to let the flavors settle.
 So I put the quinoa, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl. Then I poured the dressing over the ingredients and mixed. This idea worked great because the dressing really soaked into the avocado and quinoa.
 Then I chopped. And chopped. And chopped. I don't have a cuisinart, which would be the best way to prepare the next few steps. But basically, I chopped up the cilantro and then the spinach. Next, I chopped the onion and the garlic and added it to the greens.
Then I added the chickpeas to all of my chopped goods and mixed to cover the chickpeas.
Next, I added the green-chickpea mixture to the other bowl and stirred to incorporate.
So delicious! And fantastically healthy, but you'd never know it by tasting the incredible flavors.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you picked better avocados this time. Kudos. Dish looks great...

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!