Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Present Pillows

I don't know if it's a girl thing or just me, but I love pillows. I'm obsessed with them. They are probably my favorite accessory for the home. I love that you can switch them up easily and they give such a nice layered feel to any space. They are also super functional for someone who is constantly reading. So, I apologize if there are constantly pillow updates, I just can't help myself. 

For Christmas, my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law gave me this gorgeous pillow. I think it's from Restoration Hardware. It's a great size, super comfy, and so soft. It's also faux-fur so no animals were harmed on my behalf.
 Just before Christmas, I was at Ikea to help a friend pick out a few items for her apartment. I picked up this pillow while I was there. It was a great deal, and the size is perfect for back support.
 I love the pattern and texture up close. I think it provides such a neat background for a more bold pillow (which I have yet to actually pick out. That will have to wait until I get a rug).
 So the pillows are great, but I'm sort of undecided about how I want to display them. Sure they will probably move around depending on who is using them, but I'd like to have a decided resting place for them. (Oh and my mom gave me this red throw because she isn't using it anymore- yay hand-me-downs!) This picture is option 1.
 Option 2.
Option 3.
Option 4.











Personally, I'm kind of leaning towards the last two, just because they are the most functional (the cream colored throw is warmer and I use it more). But I do think it's a bit blah and maybe the red is a necessary punch of color. Thoughts? I really want your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. The red looks pretty... but if you use the cream more, go with that. Who wants to have to switch when they actually want to be comfortable? Function > aesthetics on this one.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!