Monday, January 16, 2012

Baking Storm

I absolutely love baking (big surprise I know), but sometimes I bite off more than I can chew...or bake...or whatever. It's almost always my fault, I have trouble saying no. This reluctance comes from the fact that I genuinely do love creating baked goods for people. I think it's amazing way to show thought and care and is also very relaxing for me (usually). For example, my little 4 year-old niece has a nut allergy. I believe no four year old should have to avoid the dessert after a family dinner. So I almost always do my best to make a dessert when I'm around that is nut-free (both ingredients and processing). Not matter how much time it takes, it's always worth it when she asks in her little, tiny four-year-old voice "no nuts?" and I say "yes" and she just lights up. How could I not bake?

But last week, I went a little, well a lot overboard.

Wednesday morning I baked whole wheat peasant bread (I started Monday afternoon). Recipe to be shared this week.

Wednesday afternoon I baked chocolate chip cookies for a school gathering. Recipe here.








Thursday evening I baked molasses cookies for a 49ers tailgate (whoooo!). Recipe to be shared this week.







Friday morning, I made the cake of the Lemonade Layer Cake. Then I made the frosting and refrigerated it. Recipe here.







Friday afternoon, I made blueberry muffins for the tailgate. Recipe to be shared this week.









So now I'm breathing (and recovering from the 49ers game).

2 comments:

  1. Amazing to me that you have time to fit in the "Young Scholar" part of your life when there is so much baking to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have amazing time management skills :)

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!