Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DIY Christmas Wreath

 This post is two weeks overdue. It just took me forever to get to Michael's to get felt. Target and Walmart apparently don't carry felt. Anyway, since I was so insanely behind schedule, I was hoping to do something wintery, but not too Christmasy. Well, Michael's was out of gray felt. I guess that's what I get for procrastinating. So I decided to go Christmasy and say "to hell with it". I'll just keep it up late and I don't care. Once I got my felt home, I cut out a bunch of circles of various sizes. Then I started cutting in consecutively smaller circles.

 Once the circles were cut, I started rolling up the felt pieces from the inside out.
 Don't the flowers look awesome once they are all rolled up?
 I put a large hot glue glob in the center of the back to hold the center in place and then did a large "x" of glue to hold the pieces together.
Finally, I secured the tale with glue as well.
 This pictures shows all my different sizes. You really don't need to worry about the circles being perfect.
 Once all of the roses were created, I started laying out the roses trying to find a good pattern.
However, I had to move the roses around a bit once  they were on the wreath. Next, I glued the roses down to the wreath.
Once the flowers were on the wreath, I attached a bow to the top. Then I twisted a wire loop to the back of the wreath to hang on a hook.
I love how it turned out! Right now it's on the inside of my door, because I have an evergreen wreath on the outside, but after Christmas, I'm moving this one to the outside. I know it's more Christmasy than wintery, but I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!