Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Tree 2011

There is nothing quite like the Christmas Tree to really fill my apartment with holiday spirit. This year was the first year in 4 years that I picked out the tree and brought it home by myself, so I think I was a little emotional and not entirely rational.

A particular tree caught my eye. It was nice and fat. I love fat trees. They need to be nice and chubby for me to love them. Just like puppies and babies. Anyway, it wasn't until they were tying the tree onto my car and I had paid for it, that it crossed my mind I would have to carry it up a flight of stairs by myself. Definitely an impulse buy. Now normally I pride myself on being a fairly independent person. Well, perhaps it would be more accurate to say I'm stubborn. I give a mule a run for its money. If someone tells me I can't do something by myself, well I'll just go right along and do it.

I guess I felt that way about my tree. In case you were wondering, yes I did get it off the car, to the stairs, up the stairs and into my apartment. Frankly the hardest part was trying to keep it straight in the stand while I tightened the knobs. I bought a new stand this year with extra high sides to prevent Winston from drinking the water. For that purpose, it works great. The screws are a major pain. My hands still hurt. Actually my entire upper body still hurts. This whole no upper body strength thing really has its setbacks. I will tell you I really missed my bf on Sunday. Partly because he's sweet and I love him. But partly because he has muscles and I don't. Anyway, once I got the tree up, I put the lights on. It took four strands to cover the thing because it's so chunky.






Next came the ornaments and the tree skirt (and I added a bow to the top when I was done, but forgot to photograph). And of course, Winston was under the tree in no time flat. Where else would he be? My tree skirt doesn't actually fit around the base and has crazy tears in the back, so that will need to be replaced. But for now, it smells amazing and I love it.












This ornament is the best ever. Oh, and in case anyone was curious...yes the tree is taller than me.













No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!