Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Party Table Settings

Every year my parents have a large Christmas party. It's an unique party because of the set up. Each couple is assigned to work with another couple on a dish. Then, there are three tables in different rooms. Everyone is assigned seats for each course. Then, everyone moves in between courses and are assigned a new table. Everyone must sit at each table once and can't sit with their spouse. It's kind of awesome because you get to sit next to new people each time and get to see a new table. I always help my parents the day of the party, but this year I went down to the house the day before and put together the tables.

Let's start with the living room. This table was the "silver room". My mom rented the table, the linens and the silver chairs. My mom created the flower arrangement in the tall vase.
There were silver chargers, white plates, lots of silverware, silver reindeer place card holders and glassware with moss green napkins.
 In the center around the vase, I placed several small votives with tea lights. There were two different size votives. I also wrapped a jingle bell garland around the candles.
 Next, the dining room. This room was the gold room.
 In here we used gold chargers, gold and silver napkins rings, glassware and white flowers. I also put out glass candles with oil in the center.
 Up close, you can see the pretty gold stars that I sprinkled on the table cloth.
 Here is the family room. This room was the red/green room.
 Red chargers, green napkins, gold napkin rings, small red votives, red flowers.
 Oh, and mini nutcrackers to hold the place cards.
 Now, for the night shots when the candles were all lit up.
 I love candles.
Here is the dining room.
These candles are my favorite because the glow and flames are huge.
Here is the living room at night.

I think the candle light reflects so nicely off the mini jingle bells. So here is the important question: Which room was your favorite? I think mine was the dining room, but I'd be curious to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!