Friday, December 2, 2011

Candy Tree Debacle

My crafts don't always go the way I want them to, but they are usually salvageable at the very least. This one was not.

Inspiration photo number 1. There is another with the candy canes but I can't seem to find it. They were basically layered and looked like cute little branches.

While I was at the dollar store I got three little Styrofoam trees and a bunch of peppermint mints and candy canes. As you can see, kitty was quite interested
I started to hot glue gun the mints onto the tree. Two bags of mints only got me this far. Damn dollar store.
Oh and by the way, while I was gluing I was having to keep an eye out for kitty who would pick up the mints by the plastic wrappers and try and run off with them.






These were all of my wrappers after two bags, so you can imagine I was annoyed.








I decided I wasn't messing around, so I got a gigantic bag from the grocery store, came home, glued the candies on, and promptly realized they weren't the same color. I was pretty bummed. I thought maybe if I drew a little pink circle in the center it would help. It didn't. Wah wah.













 As you can see in the background of the picture above, I also tried to create a tree with candy canes.
And again I ran out way too quickly. And again the new ones were the wrong color. At this point I gave up and only kept them around long enough to photo and then I threw them away. So Christmas failure #1. Let's hope there is only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!