Saturday, November 12, 2011

Updating My Pumpkin Pots

Remember these little black pots I created to house my pumpkins and gourds of Halloween? Well, I wanted to do something with them to extend their use during Thanksgiving and Christmas.














Here is my inspiration photo (source: pinterest, duh). The black pots weren't really working for me, so I picked up some gold and silver spray paint from the hardware store. Point of interest: the hardware store's spray paint is about half the coast of the spray paint at Michael's.











I picked a gold and silver can of Rustoleum. It covers ridiculously well. First, I did a thin coat of gold and then about a half an hour later did a silver coat.






At the same time, I also decided to make some stars for the top of my pine cones. First, I traced out some stars on a piece of cardboard.







Then I cut them out and gave them the same spray treatment as the pots.








Then I selected a few pine cones of various heights and stuck the star on top.















Then I tucked all three pots on top of my right bookshelf. I love the color of the pots. It's not gold, it's not silver. It's shiny and metallic and gorgeous.







I love how it adds a little rustic touch to the room. Sure it's not technically Thanksgiving decor, but I think it's winter-y enough to be fine. Plus it will be great for Christmas. I'm not sure my little pine cone trees will stay there, but they will definitely be part of a table setting for the holidays in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!