Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Candle

..or half of one in this case. Let me explain.

Here is my inspiration photo from Pinterest (shock I know).










First, I picked up a basic cream colored candle.
















Then I got two bunches of baby Indian corn. At the grocery story, I thought to myself, are two bunches enough? Sure! That should be fine! Spoiler Alert...it wasn't fine. I took the husks off the top and tried to tie the corns to the candle with some twine. Didn't work. They kept falling all over the place. So then I put a dab of hot glue on each corn and glued it to the candle, just to hold them in place until I got the twine in place.

From the front, I think it looks really cute. But what you can't see from this picture, is that the back of the candle doesn't have any corn. Oops. I'm going to Michael's tomorrow and I'm going to see if they have any I can buy. Then, I'll just slip them inside the twine. I also need to see if I can trim down the two corns that are too tall. But, once that's done I think it will look great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!