Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thai Chicken Saute

I finally got a chance to cook dinner! I finished all of my grading and I'm enjoying a much needed break. Cooking Light has a ton of amazing chicken recipes and this recipe was just the first I'm going to try. My end result looked nothing like what's pictured on their website, but it was really tasty. The flavors were complex and delicious.

Thai Chicken Saute
from Cooking Light

rice for serving the chicken on
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fish sauce
4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
1 cup sliced onion
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
1/2 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons Sriracha (optional- obviously, I didn't use it because I'm a wuss)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 lime wedges

I started by mixing together the cornstarch and the fish sauce in a big bowl. I then added the chicken tenders, mixed and set the bowl aside.







Then I chopped the onion, garlic and ginger and set aside again.








I heated the canola oil and cooked the chicken for about five minutes. Then I removed the chicken and added the onion mix. I cooked the onion mixture for 2 minutes, then added the chicken, the coconut milk, the sugar and the lime juice. At this point you would add the hot sauce if you were using it.




I spooned the chicken mixture over some rice and sprinkled the cilantro over the top. It looks very bland, but it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!