Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Whenever I go to visit family, I like to bring treats. Excuse number two for baking was all of the pumpkin I bought from the store.

This picture was my inspiration, from where else? PINTEREST! This recipe looked amazing and I couldn't wait to give it a try. They are amazing. The cupcakes themselves are incredibly and would be great as muffins without frosting.













Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cupcakes

3/4 cup butter, softened
2-1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup buttermilk

Frosting:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

I started by creaming together the sugar and the butter.








Then I added the eggs one at a time and mixed after each egg.








Next, I added the pumpkin and mixed again.









In a separate bowl, I whisked together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger and salt.







Then I started adding the flour in batches, alternating with the buttermilk and mixed each time.








Using a measuring cup, I filled the muffin tins and baked each tray about 25 minutes- or until I could insert a toothpick and remove it cleanly.







Once the cupcakes were done, I let them cool completely on a wire rack.








When the cupcakes were cool and ready for frosting, I creamed together the butter and cream cheese.







Then I added the cinnamon, vanilla and powdered sugar and mixed until the frosting was smooth. Using a big plastic baggy, I piped the frosting onto the cupcakes. The frosting recipe makes a generous amount, so don't skimp!





These cupcakes are so good, I will definitely make them again! I may even have to hoard pumpkin for the off season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!