Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Ornament-al Centerpiece

In my ideal world, I spend the day after Thanksgiving decorating for Christmas, buying a Christmas tree and outfitting it with twinkly lights and sparkly ornaments. This year, I won't return to my apartment until a few days after Thanksgiving, so at best that plan is pushed back a bit. Then, school is absolutely nuts for the first week and a half of December. So, I decided that I would start getting ready early. I'm not in full-blown Christmas mode, and no one is even over at my house for Thanksgiving, so I'm allowing myself to be a bit nuts. I thought I would share a few of my Christmas projects this week to help get you inspired for December. Yay! My favorite time of year! I couldn't be more excited (just in case you couldn't tell).

This project isn't really so much a project as a switcheroo. Remember the cake pan centerpiece I made for the Fall Pinterest Challenge? Well, I decided to switch it up a bit.














I went to the Dollar store and bought a container each of red, silver and gold ornaments. Then I distributed them between the two layers of the centerpiece. Voila! Now I have a sparkly touch of color on my coffee table. How easy was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!