Monday, November 28, 2011

Bottomless Apple Pie

My Thanksgiving dinner was absolutely delicious. It has all of the traditional fixings and then some. The only slightly bumpy moment was the apple pie. Initially my responsibility was simply to peel and slice the apples. Well, the crust didn't work out, and we were about to scrap the whole thing, when I remembered reading about this recipe on one of the blogs I read. The author swears it's amazing and I trusted her because I've made many delicious things based on her recipes before. I didn't really take many pictures because it was slightly rushed, but let me tell you, I will never make a different apple pie again. It's beyond delicious and the easiest dessert EVER. Like seriously. Ever.

Bottomless Apple Pie
from This Week for Dinner

About 1-2 Tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 beaten egg

Basically, you slice a bunch of apples. I'd use about 4 McIntosh and 3 Granny Smith. It's a good idea to have some sweet and some sour. Place them in a pie dish. You want the edges to be even with the pie dish and not overflowing.

Then, I sprinkled about a tablespoon of sugar over the top of the apples. Then I sprinkled some cinnamon over the sugar.

In a bowl, I mixed together the melted butter, the sugar, the flour and the beaten egg. I poured it down over the top. Then I sprinkled some more sugar, cinnamon and a bit of ground nutmeg. I baked the whole thing for about 50 minutes at 350 (until golden brown).


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!