Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two Pinterest Projects

As many of you have read, I'm quite obsessed with pinterest. I love finding recipes, house decorating ideas, and holiday tips. I recently found few projects that I thought would be really fun to replicate. One was a big success. One, not so much.

Lets start with the success shall we? This was my inspiration picture. So I bought a big pumpkin and some black thumb tacks. The black thumb tacks were actually surprisingly hard to find. I think these were either extra large tacks or furniture nails. Either way, I finally was able to find some of my own at the local Ace Hardware.












Then, I traced an H on the pumpkin so I'd have something to go off of.








I was in the middle of putting my tacks into the pumpkin (which was on my lap) when Winston decided he needed to be right in the middle of the action. Yes, he is wedged between my stomach and the pumpkin. No it wasn't helpful.





My final product! I love it! I actually like the smaller tacks that I used. It's such a fun way to fancy-up a pumpkin without having to carve it. It also stays fresh way longer!






This was my inspiration photo. Only problem is I was going from memory because I didn't have the picture on hand. I thought it would be fun to do a Halloween themed version and then frame it for a subtle Halloween touch.













So, I fiddled around on the computer until I had something that looked about right in my mind and printed and framed it. It doesn't look terrible. Just not nearly as cute as the original idea. I'm still debating whether I'll leave it up or try again. I'll be sure to let you know. Have you been decorating for the holidays? Any fun, creative ideas? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!