Thursday, October 6, 2011

Other Updates, Halloween and Not

Here are a few more decorations that I forgot to share last time- either because they are new or I took pictures of them awhile ago.







I always chuckle every time I see this little guy hanging. Plus it reminds me not to be nasty.















I hung these up the other night because I thought the apartment needed a little twinkly decoration.








This little guy is one of my favorite because of her back story. I have no idea who makes them, but there are tons of these little figures- all with chicken legs and rosy, bizarre faces. My mom originally got me a Christmas themed one that was an angel holding an elephant (not sure how elephant relates to Christmas but since I'm a Republican- shock, I know- and my family loves elephants, she decided it was cute). I really shouldn't be surprised she bought it for me- my sister and I are always giving her a hard time that if the figurine is oddly shaped in some way (i.e.- no neck and chicken legs), she will love it. So the tradition started. Next, came a little girl dressed in a bunny suit for Easter, followed by a new Halloween one last year.







This photo shows both Halloween ones together. The one on the left is from last Halloween. The arrival of that little girl really kicked the joke/tradition into high drive because bf thinks it's creepy. Just look at the mask she's holding and you will see why. So anyway, that's the long story of my silly little figurines that pop up every season. Just in case you were wondering (I'm sure you weren't).

In totally non-related Halloween news, I finally screwed in all of my new knobs. As you can see, from far away they add just a touch of shimmer.















Up close you can see the details are a little more pronounced.








Here is the nightstand as well. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out! I'm so glad I held out for the right (if more expensive knobs) because I really really love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!