Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oatmeal Scotchies

My mom sent me this amazing recipe and I decided to make it for one of my classes. Nothing to cheer up a class like cookies! They were excellent and super easy to make.

Oatmeal Scotchies

1 ¼ cups all –purpose four
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated rind of 1 orange
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 11 oz. pkg (2 cups) butterscotch flavored morsels

I started by whisking together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.








Then, in a separate bowl, I beat together the eggs, butter, vanilla and both sugars. Next, I added the flour mix and beat again.







After I created the dough, I folded in the oats and the butterscotch chips.








I then used a tablespoon measure to scoop little balls of dough. I placed them evenly apart on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. I baked the cookies for about 8-10 minutes depending on the tray.





 I initially had some troubles because my oven is horrible. Even with my little oven thermometer, the heat was all over the place. I was having issues with trays of cookies like these ones. They were burned on the outside and gooey on the inside- and then I realized the oven was 425 degrees according to the thermometer, but the oven dial said 275. Lovely. I was pissed.

Once I figured out the heat of the oven, they definitely turned out way better. See? They were so tasty! Definitely a new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!