Monday, October 24, 2011

New Art

Art is a tricky concept. You want to get things you like. You don't want to spend a ton of money. You don't want it to be all matchy matchy. I decided that I would just keep my eyes open and see how it went. I was perusing local thrift, antique and vintage stores the other day and on the way out of my last store, I thought for sure I would be leaving all of my places empty handed, when all of a sudden I found a painting that struck my fancy.

I love how the colors go with my apartment and it reminds me so much of Prague or Budapest or something. Oh, and best part, it was $20.















I don't know if this picture shows the texture, but it's awesome.
















Right now it's sitting here, instead of the drawing that was there before. I like that it's a little darker and has more contrast than the other picture. I'm not sure if it will respond there permanently, but for now it works.














This writing is on the back, but I have no idea what it means. Does anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!