Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lots and Lots of Black Frames

As part of my preparation for my wall gallery, I did need more black frames. Granted, I already had a lot. But seriously, this wall project is a behemoth. At least I think so. I had a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond, so I started there. I got a bunch of different sizes- but they didn't have too many odd sizes and their selection was picked over. Then I went to Michael's. Their frame selection is really amazing and usually they have some awesome deals. Finally, when I was at a local thrift store, I picked a few more and spray painted the non-black one, black. I think this last option is particularly great for tiny budgets, especially if you already have black matte paint (which I do).

Here is the small print I have at my desk in one of the new frames.
















And a shot from far away. I think the saying is perfect to encourage brilliant writing. (I doubt I ever achieve brilliance, but hey, I can dream).







Here is another one in my closet (yes I bought a bunch of these dogs prints. I found them on Etsy and I thought they were amazing. I love the bold colors and the quotes. Plus I really super love dogs.)














This is the frame I spray painted black. I forgot to take a before picture (bad blogger!). Basically it was unfinished wood. A few coats later and I think it looks better than new! It's still waiting for it's designated picture, but progress!

I also got this thin metal frame. Luckily this one came with two black cardboard backing pieces, so I cut a hole out of one to make matting, printed up the logo from an amazing restaurant in Dublin and poof! a brand new piece of art. I just think the elephant is so cute! (and why, yes, this is a sneak peak of my gallery wall, thank you for asking!).


This frame is just like the one above but it only had one piece of matting, so I cut out a rectangle in the center of a piece of paper and made white matting for this awesome Pride and Prejudice postcard I got in Bath, England about 7 years ago. (Confession: I may have a touch of hoarder in me)




I got a bunch more frames as well, but I don't want to spoil all of my new things on the gallery wall, which is so closed to being done! I can't wait to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!