Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eggs for Dinner

I know I've mentioned that there are nights when I just don't feel like food or cooking or anything. It doesn't happen very often, but last night I was just so tired (jetlag finally caught up to me) and so blah about eating anything. Bf had some left over spicy sausage from when I was gone, so he was all taken care of. I didn't want to order something gross and didn't feel like cereal, so I decided to go with something egg-ish. As far as I'm concerned, eggs are really just an excuse to have bacon, or in my case, turkey bacon. I love turkey bacon. LOVE IT. I like that it's less fattening than regular, but still takes amazing, so I can have way more of it. I even have a bacon happy dance that occasionally shows itself on weekend mornings.

First, I took out four slices of turkey bacon. I know it's a lot of bacon, but whatever. Then, I sliced the pieces into bits and added them to a small skillet.







While the bacon was cooking, I whiskey together two eggs, some salt and pepper, and a big dash of half and half.







I cooked the bacon until it was nice and crispy, stirring every few minutes.








When the bacon was ready, I poured the eggs over the top and stirred every minutes or so until the eggs were my desired firmness. I don't know about you, but I hate runny eggs, so I do my nice and firm. When the eggs were about a minute away from done, I added a few sprinkles of cheddar cheese and stirred until it was melted and incorporated.


I then gobbled down my yummy dinner and also had some veggies on the side. Delicious! You can tell my egg to bacon ratio was slightly ridiculous, but whatever, I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!