Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pasta with Sausage, Fresh Tomatoes, Basil, and Parmesan

I found this recipe while browsing some of my favorite cooking websites. It was so insanely easy and unbelievably delicious! Here is the recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001918479

Last night as I was thinking about dinner, I had some time on my hands before picking up my bf from class (I was working from home due to the snow). So I decided to get everything prepared. Usually I get things ready, but I took my ocd to a whole new level.

As you can see, I chopped everything, then placed the things in bowls. I used a different bowl for each step in the recipe. Then I covered them with plastic wrap to make sure Winston didn't help himself while I was away. I know you are thinking "what cat would try and eat onions, garlic or tomatoes?" But you'd be surprised, the other day I caught him eating plastic wrap and then corn....so go figure.


When I got home, I put some water on the stove and boiled the pasta. Then I heated up some olive oil in a skillet and added the onions and the meat from 3 sweet Italian sausage. Make sure you remove the casings!




After about 5 minutes, I added the garlic and cooked for two more minutes. I stirred occasionally and broke up the sausage as it cooked.






Then I mixed in the tomatoes and cooked for another two minutes.








I then reduced the heat to low and added the pasta, two tablespoons of cheese, basil and some salt and pepper.







After I mixed everything together (slowly! my skillet was about to overflow), I spooned the pasta into two bowls and sprinkled more cheese on top!
Yummy yummy yummy! I even went back for seconds, which I almost never do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!